Yellow Sunshine

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All CC welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All CC Welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D850, Tamron SP 90mm, F13, ISO 1000 1/100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi Alisa! Great to see your first post in the macro gallery!

This is a very nice image! The colors of the blooms go very well with the background and the lighting is just right. You also captured good detail in the stamens and petals at the back of the main bloom. My only suggestion would be to blur the background a bit, especially the upper and lower right corners. They tend to draw my eye away from the main bloom.

1 Like

Alisa: Welcome to NPN and thanks for a fine first post here. I like your comp and your DOF choice. The relatively light lower corners do catch my eye a bit. I put a fairly strong vignette on the entire image and did some CA work on the LRC.
On a couple of administrative notes we generally recommend posting slightly larger images with the long side 1500 pixels or slightly more. You might also want to consider posting similar images in Flora. Its certainly OK to post flower shots in Macro but we see more bug and other tighter shots in Macro. If you suspect you’ll get more feedback here feel free to continue to post in macro. >=))>

Thank you for the feedback! This is only my second time on here and assumed Macro (Small Flowers). I will remember to post in floral next time. The edits you made look very similar to my original edit. I guess I should have left it. :slight_smile:

Alisa, this view has a lovely warm glow, making it nicely inviting. The combination of sharp front bloom and softer rear bloom works well compositionally and creates a nice sense that there are more of these around. Your repost does a fine job of taming that lower right corner.

They are beautiful, Alisa. I am enjoying their bright color combination. The one in the back that is out of focus supports the sharp one nicely. Great shot. Looking forward to more.