Yellow Trout Lilie

ISO-800 f/5.6 390mm 1/5000 sec cropped Lightroom edit.

What technical feedback would you like if any? General

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

An interesting image, Larry. The small image didn’t appeal to me very much, but when I opened it I found myself looking at it a long time. The lighting is so cool. I do think the image could use a bit more room on the left and the leaves seem a bit too blue to my eye, but I like it a lot.

Larry: Great subject and especially nice lighting. I would crop this a bit tighter, especially from the top where the bright area along the top edge pulls my eye and some from the right to eliminate a bit of the negative space there. Nice find and a good solid comp and capture. >=))>

Larry, this is an intriguing and nicely different look at a Trout Lily. I think you’ve over saturated the colors, especially that blue glow in the lower left, but the view point is quite striking.

Very tricky lighting on this shot. I tried downloading and using NIK filters but the result was not what I wanted. I would b urn out the blue spot under the leaf.