Zoom Zoom for fun

As much time and as many images as I’ve taken in Yosemite Valley… some times you just have to embrace the human element. I was positioned only a few yards away from my previous “Autumn on the Loop”. In fact the cars turning to the right (left from the camera’s POV) could have been seen streaking thru that previous pano. Of course I had to wait for no cars and no wind. The road is fairly well hidden in that other post, but once you learn that it’s there, it’s a bit more apparent.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Sure anything, but probably not going to spend extra time with these… :roll_eyes::innocent:

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Just for fun. Prefer the single frame with fewer streaks, or the multiple streaks from more cars?

1st image, 5 image stack. Honestly, can’t remember how I stacked these, it was completely manual. Easy part was that all images were captured without moving the tripod, so all was the same except for the vehicles changing between captures.

2nd image, a single frame with 2 cars streaking thru

Both images: Nikon 28-300mm @92mm f/22, 30s. Had a variable ND at about 6 stops to get the longer exposure. It was still early enough in the morning that most vehicles still had their lights on.

Thanks for any comments!

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very fun image and looks great, too. I like the first one best. The extra streaks look good.

Both images are cool, but the first one gives a better feel for the traffic density, Lon. Great leading lines!

I agree. Both are really fun images, not only for their visual impact but their novelty. I never would have thought of the shot, instead cursing the traffic and waiting for gaps. My mistake!

Very cool, Lon, I like the first with the additional streaks.

I prefer the original with the greater number of streaks. The image is an interesting statement on the current state of Yosemite. Color and contrast look good to me.
-P