3 mushrooms

Fall in the Portland Oregon neighborhoods are the Japanese maple season and the Mushroom season.
The Forest out of town is full of real mushroom pickers but these just pop up in all the yards
following the first drenching fall rains.
Taken in my neighbors yard in Urban Portland.
My 3rd day out with a new used micro lens.

17 image stack
iso100, 1/100, f3,5, 105mm, D610

Dan, the details in the cluster of mushrooms are great. Your stack also sets them off very well from the background even as the foreground is nicely sharp. I’m really enjoying the upturned cups and the ruffled edges of the main three. I do see the softness that’s behind a sharp edge whenever the dof of the slice is not enough to get the edge and what’s behind it sharp at the same time. That’s a “standard” stacking artifact, especially in close-up/macro work that the clone tool can usually fix. Glad you’re exploring macro. It’s a different world…

Oh yeah, in WC, if you add the tag for the challenge number, it makes seeing all of the post for that particular challenge in on place easy by clicking on the tag. I’ve added the tag 863 to your post.

Hi Dan,

Very nice results. Stacking takes practice and I usually use it as a last resort for macro work. It is suitable for most non-moving entities and you have a few artifacts present but they are not overpowering…Jim

Excellent choice for the challenge, Dan. A good job on the stack and an excellent job getting all the way down to mushroom level.