3 of a Cub Kind #3

Another one of the 3 Brown Bear cubs without a mother that I got photos of this Spring. They were grazing on the salt water grasses at the edge of the tide flats. This one was the darkest of the three but still a fairly light colored brown bear cub.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony a6500, SEL200600G @ 600mm, ISO-800, f/7.1, 1/1000, hand held.

@garyminish

Gary, this one caught my eye for sure. I had an old B&W 35mm image from Cold Bay AK that reminded me so much of this bear scene. Although it was from over 50 years ago now… :cry:
Gotta love this color version. The detail in the fur and facial features are excellent. Thanks for sharing… :sunglasses:

Gary, this is such a great shot. Love how he is looking at you, the slight head turn, and that piece of grass in his mouth. Wonderful details in the fur and his face. Looks like it belongs on a wall. :+1: :+1:

Great subject beautifully captured !
The detail in fur is exquisite, feel like touching it.

PS. I would have loved to see grasses OOF but I believe that’s not possible with 200-600.

Way cool, Gary. The framing with all the green grass, the bit in it’s jaw and that sly head turn to look at you all work well. In the smaller versions, the fir looks just a tad crunchy but that gets better as the view gets larger. (I’ve noticed that extra crunch in the small versions created by the NPN software before…)