A bird in hand

What technical feedback would you like if any?

ANY

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

ANY

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 7D mk ii; 1/500th; 6.3; spot; 100/400 at 400; wb auto

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jim, an excellent portraiture here. I like the amount of space you’ve left on the right side of the image. Actually, the spacing all around seems to fit the scene perfectly. The largest version provides some really nice detail in the bird too…:+1::+1:

Excellent catch in pleasing light. Good job on the detail, perch, pose and BG. I could also see this as a vertical crop.

Paul and David, Thanks for the comments. This was taken on the Washington Long Beach Peninsula where this bird hunts quite successfully there being lots of prey available. It even downs seagulls occasionally. Just before posting it I noticed the part of the drift wood on which it was perched looked like a hand (at least to me, anyway).

Sweet, Jim. A great shot of a bird I see all too infrequently. The driftwood perch and the angle you used are great.

The title works well with the composition and the driftwood frames the falcon nicely. Good detail.

This is such a sweet image of a bird that I love so much, Jim. I love the driftwood and the background is pretty sweet. My only nit is about the “hidden” tail but that’s really more a nit than anything else. Like David, I can see this as a vertical crop, too.

Thanks to all. Not sure if this is what you had in mind.