Landing Gear Down

What technical feedback would you like if any? What do you think about the comp? I liked all the sticks so I left them in.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:D500 600mm f4 (1/800sec at f6.3, Iso 1250) Crop for comp, DeNoise, Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast. One of the few birds that fly slow enough for me to chase with a long lens. This is at a rookerie at a local park. Nest maintenance and construction has begun.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I, too, like the sticks, which are so similar to the heron’s legs. It is a great moment, when one of these huge birds touches down. Perfect timing. A shot to treasure.

Jim, an excellent avian in flight stop action photo…:+1::sunglasses:

Whoa, lovely! I like the high key here, it doesn’t compete with the sticks. I too like how the sticks are framing the bird from below. Love the wing up pose here.

Great landing pose, Jim, and the detail looks excellent. If you don’t mind a bit of cloning, I think the branches on the lower left could go.

1 Like

Cool, high key shot Jim, nicely done!

Thank you. I like the branches and sticks too. It will be a while before some of the branches leaf out, so there will be more opportunities…………………Jim