A bit of orange

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In orange color
As even winter goes by
Some autumn leaves stay

Specific Feedback

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

F11, 0.6, iso 64, 70-200 At 135mm

1 Like

I like the visual interplay between the white tree and the background lines and shapes, particularly the ghost tree on the right. I also like the bland color treatment here. The stronger lime green colors in the bottom right corner draw a bit of attention. Could be cropped out or the color altered.

I like the warm-cool contrast and subdued colors. The greens also draw my eye, as @Igor_Doncov pointed out. But nice peaceful scene.

This is beautiful, Ben. The subdued colors are wonderful. The contrast of the bright white tree angling across all the fainter vertical trees in the background gives this energy and depth. I rather like the little pops of green moss. They catch my eye, but the strength of the white tree draws me back up into the frame.

I am loving this scene Ben. The subdued color palette works beautifully and compliments the slightly high key BG mist. The diagonal placement of the birch draws the viewer into that wonderful moody woodland. I personally like the bit of moss on the tree. No suggestions from me.

@Igor_Doncov, @Cathy_Proenza , @Bonnie_Lampley , @Ed_Lowe .
It’s special to see the comments on that lime green moss. And what it does for everyone different .
Thank you all for your valuable remarks.
Ben