A Bundle Of Bears

Last summer, my mom and I took a little trip in search of bears. We knew there was a mother black bear in the area with two cubs, so we were hoping that we would spot her…and we did! I spotted the sow nursing her two little ones. Before long, it was nap time. The two young cubs nuzzled up safely under their mother’s comparatively large head and the three of them enjoyed an afternoon slumber.

Because I was a distance away from the family, I decided to make the most of the situation and include the environment in the image to help frame the tender moment.

Let me know if you spot both the cubs…most people can only see one :wink:

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

@jenayalaunsteinphotography
2 Likes

Awww, very sweet. Yes, there are two. A really special moment. You might crop some and tone down or clone away that nearest bright OOF branch. It is pointing to them, but steals the eye away and you don’t want that.

1 Like

Lovely story indeed ! I am envious!!

Personally I would consider cropping in some - enough to leave some tree to tell the story. Additionally I would also burn the brighter areas around the animals to bring the animal story out better

1 Like

The bears are in a great pose. My first impression was there was to much OOF material in the image and it makes the main subject a little to small and the bears don’t hold my attention.

1 Like