A Few Leaves Remain

Last week I joined a buddy up in the eastern Sierra and the 395 corridor. Kind of a strange year for color based on what we saw, but had a great trip. Here is an image from the adventure.

D810, 70-200mm

Harley, this one is a bit unique. I really like the isolated tree(s) with the dark BG. Just enough light to make out the BG area that supports the isolated subject so well. My point on the uniqueness is based upon whatever light or reflective light that illuminates the small tree group so nicely…Excellent…:+1:

I felt that the subject was too small within the frame. However, as I worked on it it grew on me and I like it just the way you have it. It’s a very elegant image.

Here’s my rework: I also made the orange leaves more yellowish.

I actually like yours more.

I like this. It has a nice, simple feel to it. I like the really dark trees behind. Not sure if the rocks or mountains behind the trees add to the image. It might be more mysterious if they weren’t visible. The composition is great.

Real nice, Mr. H. Simple and effective. The light is gorgeous on the grasses and the tree. Processing looks great.
-P

Ah, I am running out of time offs from work but I am trying to make a trip up this coming weekend. This looks great, Harley. I really like that isolated tree although I think there is too much on the foreground. Igor’s crop feels more focused on the tree. Processing looks amazing though.

Love this Mr. H.,

Yes, I suppose you could have isolated this even more, but I think you have just the right amount of foreground grasses - not too much, just right…

What stands out to me the most is not just the aspen, but the shadowed background aspens - just lurching there in the bg; just watching, almost on guard… I think the bg makes a big statement in this image.

Lon

This is right up my alley Harley, except for the color of course. I’ve found my self chasing isolated desert plants, particularly cholla lately. I love it. At first I thought too much fore brightness, but it’s clarity and sharpness work. There is one brighter part of an aspen trunk top middle that I might burn a little more, but excellent as usual.