A field at sunset

I really don’t know in which category this image belongs – Non-Nature or Human & Fauna so please excuse me, but I just reprocessed it (it’s an older image) and was curious if anyone had some feedback on it. It’s hard to tell at this size, but there is a deer near the middle of the frame to the right of the moon.

Specific Feedback Requested

Nothing specific, just your general thoughts and feelings.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Camera: Canon 5Dmk2
Lens: Canon 24-105mm at 105mm
Exposure: 1/30 sec at f/8

1 Like

Tom, this works in Non-Nature just fine. It could also work in Landscape since the bales of hay aren’t the primary subject. Anyway, this is a stunning image with dramatic lighting in the sky. The sun is a nice touch too. Most striking to me is the contrast of the brown bales against the green field. They stand out so nicely.

The sky is incredible and, since I have witnessed this kind of effect, it doesn’t feel too saturated to me at all. I think I detect a bit of a halo along the far edge of the field, but it’s very subtle.

Excellent image, Tom.

Amazing sky!! The colors work for me, wonderfully!

I like it and wish we had rolling hills here because some farmers bail hay the same way, but it’s so flat that I often don’t bother. A sky like this could tempt me though. Really wonderful and the moon is the cherry on top. A scroll crop does makes for an interesting view as well.