A Gerbera in black and white

I shot this pink Gerbera at home using some cardboards and diffusers and a small litra-torch light.
No too much post-processing, just converted to black and white with Blue Filter preset.

Fujifilm X-T1
XF55-200mm f3.5-4.8 @ 200mm
6.5 sec, f/22, ISO 400

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful image! Very elegant and wonderful tones.

It is very elegant. I like that you converted it to a B&W.

Welcome to NPN, Mehdi. A beautiful image. I love the subtle lighting, particularly on the stem that almost fades into the black background and the way it accents the elegant curve of the stem. The B&W treatment of the petals works much better than I would have anticipated. Well done.

Simple elegance. The highlight on the stem accentuates its slight curve and carries you into the bloom. Good detail on the petals and you handled the whites perfectly. Nicely done. I look forward to more of your images.

Mehdi: Welcome to NPN in general and to Flora in particular. Excellent conversion and use of the light. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>

A strong, simple image, well suited to B?W. I could stand to see a little more room on the right and a little less on the left., but good as is.

Nice work. Such a pleasing, elegant composition with the gentle curve of the flower stem.

Hi Mehdi! Welcome to NPN!

This is a very nice image. I really like the detail you captured and the quality of the light. I agree with Phil - it would be nice to have just a bit more room on the right to give the bloom just a bit more room. Beautiful as is though. Well done! I’m looking forward to more of your work.

Very nice processing and terrific Mapplethorpeish flower… Sensuous look.