A Rose

This rose was shot handheld with a lens baby. I then made a black and white version and combined the two with layers and added a vignette.

Any commentary fair game
Regards to all
Kathy

5 Likes

Kathy, I am really impressed with what you accomplished by compiling a B&W layer with the color. I have never tried doing that, but will have to on one of my flower images. This is such a pleasing image. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Kathy, great results. I have never tried what you have done here but I can bet you I will try it. Great image and thanks for sharing your image and information on what was done in post.

2 Likes

Shirley
Do so! Its really fun.! I attended (via zoom) a local photography gathering this week where the speaker was talking about a trip to an old car place and doing black and white conversions with old cars and then he mentioned painting a pastel version of the color back in and the light dawned that it could work with flowers. I really have little interest in prowling through old car lots but have discovered with all this down time that it is worthwhile to listen in on these lectures as some little ideas about processing may result. Glad you like it.

2 Likes

Kathy: Delightful image and thanks for sharing your technique. I greatly admire and envy your creative instincts. Many kudos. Your recent work has been spectacular. >=))>

3 Likes

Here arrive the roses precociously and thanks to you they are already beautiful. I have used a B&W level behind the colored one but with the opposite aim: the increase of contrast and strength. With this process I also lower the color saturation just as you did in your splendid photo. Always brovo!

1 Like

Kathy: I really like the soft tones as well as the fade from in focus to oof. Very nicely conceived. Richard

2 Likes

I really love this! I’ve been eyeing a LensBaby for a while now…loving the soft, glow effect combined with selective focus. This image is just gorgeous with the sharp edges of the petals, and I’m sure the “just color” version is beautiful. And now you’ve added the B&W layer here…so creative!

3 Likes

Delicate feel balanced with a great composition of the beauty of the rose. You’ve been providing us with some very fine/creative images. Keep them coming.

1 Like

Beautiful, Kathy. I too have never considered combining B&W and color layers, Judging by what you achieved here, it’s something worth playing with. This image is absolutely gorgeous.

1 Like

Very ethereal and sensual Kathy!

1 Like