A Golden Trophy

Oriental Darter with golden fish.

Specific Feedback Requested

XXX

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R 5; 500 mm ; ISO 100; 1/2000 sec. at f 5.

4 Likes

A beautiful shot. The right moment, perfect focus, nice colors. No nits for me.

1 Like

Wow you are so good at these! What timing. How long did you have to wait for this moment? Must have been a workout for your patience. Terrific action and detail.

1 Like

Another very fine action image, J. Really sensational!

1 Like

What a juggler! Great shot, Jagdeep.

1 Like

You are getting some great shots with this species. Perfect timing and the sharpness is outstanding. Another winner.

1 Like

Amazing and wonderful – great action, detail and light!! I could wish for a bit more room on the left, and would soften the area where the tail touches the edge of the frame, as the water weed there seems unnaturally sharp.

1 Like

I agree that the image has a bit of an oversharpened look, but that does not take away that it is perfectly timed and perfectly composed.

1 Like

A great catch, for both you and the bird!!

1 Like

Thank you so much friends :pray:
@Kris_Smith When I see a photo opportunity, I can spend any length of time. :upside_down_face:

Another fantastic result. Though the varied background is more distracting compared to your first post, I think the relationship between predator and prey is much more dynamic here, thanks to their placement and the curl in the fish.

1 Like

That is a wonderful image! I have the darter’s close cousin the Anhinga roosting in my backyard but I have never even seen such an event as you captured.

1 Like