A Little Later

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 400mm
ISO 200, 1/400 @ f8 (HDR)
Great Sand Dunes NP
Taken just a few minutes after Early Risers. The rising sun was rapidly pushing the shadows back to the east and I liked the contrast of warm sunlit areas and the cool blues of the shadows. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I’m liking this a lot, Bill. The warm and the cool colors work well together. I also like that his is a more cropped in view than the others appeared to be. Almost reminds me of chocolate milk!

Another top notch one, Bill. I also like the contrasting warm and cool tones.I like how the photo is almost divided in half with the tones. No critiques to offer.
:vulcan_salute:

Bill,
Wonderful use of diagonals with the dunes and the warm and cool colors work very nicely together. The interplay of light and shadow also works beautifully. This is just a personal preference, but I could see the blues in the shadows reduced just a little. Minor stuff though as this is lovely.

Bill, this is a really great abstract. The colors are very strong, while still looking natural. I love the blue/purple colors in the shadows. That pink/purple color in the transition zone is very appealing. As @Shirley_Freeman mentioned the tighter view here is nice, and lends a more abstract treatment to the image. While I like this as presented, i could also see a 16 :9 panoramic here, with a crop away from the bottom.

Bill, this has such a beautiful blend of colors transitioning through the frame. Nicely done. I agree with Ed and would maybe think about trimming the bottom a little to see if it gives a different balance .

Bill,
I agree that you nailed it with the change in colors and the repetition of the diagonal lines. As Ed and Dan mentioned I played with a crop making it more of a pano. I cropped the bottom to just below the first ridge on the left side. This crop emphasizes the diagonal lines while still keeping the contrast in colors.

This is outstanding, Bill! I also like the warm / cool contrast as well as the strong diagonal lines. The darker areas on the sand add interest (I’m guessing maybe it’s from rain? Not sure). Very nicely done!