A quiet place to sit and think

What technical feedback would you like if any? All is more than welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All is more than welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

F16, iso64,1,6, +0.33, 70-200 at 100mm
(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful light and mood, Ben.

Ben, you sure had some nice foggy weather this autumn, lucky you. To me this shot is all about the mystery of the trees disappearing into the fog. I almost view it as an abstract image in that regard, it has such such a surreal mood to it. I think including the bench in the LLC introduces an element of realism that detracts from the surreal and mysterious feeling in the rest of the image.

I would suggest considering a vertical panoramic crop that eliminates the bench. I think such a crop would also make the t45 degree angle leaning tree a stronger framing element than it is in the original presentation too. I was thinking a crop something like this.

A good place for sitzen, that’s for sure. Lots of other options here. I like this one:

I like this crop best for this image.

A complex shot with much potential! I love the strong diagonal and would hate to lose that in a crop…though its participation in the scene seems a bit foreboding to the seated person imagined there. I wonder if easing off in the shadows would be helpful in decreasing its heaviness. I do wish there was just a wee bit more space for the bench/seat. Without the diagonal, the height of the trees may become more secondary or even less relevant. Great shot - thanks for sharing!

I’m starting to envy you, living where you can capture all these great scenes.
:vulcan_salute:

@Michael_Lowe, @Harley_Goldman, @Igor_Doncov, @Jim_McGovern, @Larry_Herscovitch, @Ed_McGuirk, It’s just what I saw at the moment I was there. To me it’s like a high church . And it needs that bench as a resting place also for my eye.
It’s good to see the possibilities you gave the image. And the different interpretations . I think they all tell a different story, the story of what you see yourself.
Thank you all so much !!

1 Like