A Slice of Saturns Rings

At least that what this seems to me. This is a piece of beached driftwood, aged and torn. I think the slight curve in the movement gives it that sense of planetary rings.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

23mm, 0.3 sec @ f/14, ISO 160.

2 Likes

Very nice David, I like this a lot! I like that you placed that dark band in the center and as you say, the slight curve to the lines really give this interest and a more organic feel; definitely more than if the lines were perfectly straight.

Really cool David! Crazy this is a piece of driftwood. I got nothin as far as improvements go, this looks great!

Cool image. Cool name. The diagonal and the slight curve work great. Very inspiring.

Love that the title drew me into this image, David. You nailed it. Looks just like what I’d figure the Saturn rings to look like. Nice colors and tonal variation. Very clean image.

@Tom_Nevesely, @Glenn_Tunaley, @AndreDonawa, and @David_Haynes thank you for your kind comments. I really appreciate them.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Awesome image David! This has such great colors and yes it reminds me of Rings of Saturn. Such wonderful creativity!

David,

Love this - love what the motion has produced and also just another great example of the colors and tones that can be produced and extracted from a scene. This one here, no bold, saturated colors, but the diversity in browns, tans and earth tones is amazing.

And YES! Saturn’s rings. Perfect. I’m no expert though, and I’m wondering what colors the rings actually are - you could experiment and change the hue/colors to just about anything you want. But for sure, I like the reference and the result!

Lon

Hi David,
This is fantastic. I love the diagonal composition and the sense of movement, and yes, with the title, the sense of spinning or orbiting or simply encircling something. The colors (ranging from yellows to charcoals) are really wonderful.

ML

@Alfredo_Mora, @Lon_Overacker, and @Marylynne_Diggs thank you for the kind comments. I continue to be amazed at what my little Fujifilm X100V can do…

Cheers,
David

Lovely, David. I can certainly see where the title came from. Without the clarification, I would have bought it! The curve and motion speed were perfect.