Incoming sand tide, or Saturn's rings

Came across this on a windswept sandspit and it just looked like an incoming tide (of sand instead of water). My wife, seeing things differently, suggested it looks more like Saturn’s rings. What do you think?

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

1/640s, f11, ISO 400
23mm
LR tonal adjustments and slight crop

3 Likes

This is a cool abstract image Phil. I can definitely see the reference to the rings of Saturn. Nice patterns within the rings and I like the monochrome edit.

1 Like

Very cool image. I downloaded it and tried to play with warping up the top right corner since you have that small area of horizontal lines that contradicts the overall pattern of the scene. It looked sort of strange once I pulled it up all the way out though. That area just pulls my eye in that direction, when the overall direction of the scene is from the bottom right up to the top left, the opposite direction.

This clearly is an excellent sand pattern, Phil, but I do like the Saturn’s rings idea. I’m thoroughly enjoying how different the textures are in each ring.

Thankyou for your comments @Alfredo_Mora, @Eric_Bennett, and @Mark_Seaver.

Yes, Eric, that corner is an eye magnet. I tried to rectify that in PP but couldn’t, and I couldn’t get the composition I wanted without it whist retaining the details in the TLC. Cheers.