Sands of time

I really like the sand patterns in the image almost like brush patterns. I like the top to bottom flow of the same, while the highlights and shadows create a nice contrast to the image. Let me know if rotating the image leads to a better frame.

Shot on the nikon d7200 f5 ISO800 1/30

1 Like

What a great abstract subject Simeon, the pattern are wonderful. This makes me think of the pattern of feathers on a birds wing, or on a butterfly. I love your processing, the contrast is just right, and the warm color of the sand looks very vibrant, which adds a lot of vitality to the image. Great job of visualization on your part to extract this abstract from the landscape.

[quote=“simeon, post:1, topic:16911”]
Let me know if rotating the image leads to a better frame.

Abstracts are probably the most subjective images to critique, everyone is going to have their own preferences about what works, or what works better. I think your image works well as presented, but good abstracts can often work several different ways. Here is another interpretation to consider. I like how it flows “up” in a radial pattern.

1 Like

Very interesting image Simeon. Love the texture and agree with @Ed_McGuirk about this looking like a bird feathers. I do like it rotated. Amazing what we see when we stop and look. Very nicely done.

1 Like

Hey @Ed_McGuirkthank you for offering me with a fresher perspective. I prefer you interpretation. Another benefit with that is our eye tends to move from left to right. In your version that is better as the pattern begins from the left end.