A study in green: Eastern Pondhawk female

These green dragonflies were almost everywhere at the northwest Tennessee swamp I visited over the weekend including the hotel’s butterfly garden. This one perched on the edge of a very large hosta leaf.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, 1.4x extender II
ISO 400, f14, 1/200s, hand held

4 Likes

Oh, what’s not to enjoy with all the different shades of green. Nice details in the DF, Allen, and you really got her on a nice curving leaf. I like that I can see the shadows of her in the leaf too. Great shot.

Nice color and I like the abstract patterns of the dragonfly’s perch. I like this one as presented…Jim

You have captured the dragonfly very well. It also has great colors, shape and patterns. Well found and captured. In addition, I really like the position of the dragonfly, at the edge of the leave, and how you have managed the DOF regarding the leaf in the BG.

Allen, you’ve got an almost complete span of green tones (from yellow-green to blue-green), which is great. The sharpness of the df and her perch stands out well with the various stripes adding a sense of movement.

Gorgeous detail and color range!! The curvy lines on the leaves are icing on the cake.

Allen: What a great catch and capture. Wonderful detail in the DF and a great BG. Most excellent. >=))>