A Thorny Situation

A dried up agave after it had flowered.

2 Likes

Igor, a really fine image for the WC theme. I like this one a lot. The B&W treatment seems to add a bit more of the feel toward the dried agave. Additionally, that same B&W really enhances the visual of the surface textures too…:+1:

Those saw blade teeth on the leaves are a real deterrent for those who have come in contact with them in the past, as I have…Groan!..:weary:

1 Like

I love how the texture of the dried agave with the black and white processing gives the image the look of a pencil sketch. I really like the composition as well. Very nice.

The only thing I’d consider would be to clean up the extreme edges a bit, such as the little point of white sticking up on the bottom right of the image.

This works nicely in B&W, Igor, which emphasizes the dryness. Reminds me of a thorny bush years ago that my wife insisted I remove - not a pleasant experience.

1 Like

Yes, those spikes are nasty. I’ve seen baby birds impaled on them. Recently I read of a child that lost an eye from agaves grown by their house. Personally I love aloes and agaves. My garden is full of them. Weeding around an agave, however, is a b–ch.

Super textures. Well done.

Igor: Terrific conversion and comp. Many :+1::+1::+1::+1:>=))>

Outstanding image Igor! Excellent work on the processing, great tonal range, contrasts, etc.

Abstract, sure it fits the bill. My impression is what a great nature story this tells; the one of life and death, decay and withering away. The agave in addition to being a feisty garden nemesis as you describe, I find it noble. And to see it in a state of decay makes the story carry even meaning.

Lon

Beautiful image, Igor. Great patterns and tones. This turned out great.

This flows so well Igor, well done. Somehow you made a spiky pointy thing very graceful!

Igor, this is a neat look at an “old” agave. The mix of needles and wrinkles is very interesting. There’s also a fine eye flow along the leaves. B&W sure looks like the way to go here.