A wet spring spiral

Image Description

After some heavy morning rain, I walked down to the local creek to see how the Skunk Cabbage looked. It’s still early enough that there are very few fully mature leaves, but the heavy collection of water drops added nicely to the intrinsic pattern of the leaves. Having watched several movies recently where there were extensive views down staircases, I was drawn to this looking down view.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

As noted above, inspired by staircase views. Another 20 shots could have gotten the vanishing point sharp, but having the details fade fits well with the vanishing point concept.

Technical Details

A 40 shot stack to get the upper parts, with all the drops sharp. (180 mm macro, tripod)

1 Like

A wonderful image, Mark. The closeup detail from your stacking process really allows unending depth to the scene. The entire image with veins, water droplets, and the concentration of broad green leaves would make a really fine print… :+1:

Mark, this is a very pleasing image. The spiral of green and all those tiny little drops of rain, this is real eye candy. The view from above was the way to go with this one. A wall hanger!

Oooh how luscious. I like your staircase inspired angle on this. Distinctive and the drops work well. I wonder if some dodging and burning might bring out even more of the 3D dimensionality in this - there’s a lot to work with. Stacking looks impeccable as always.

Just now catching up again. I love the composition here, with lovely color and the water droplets are wonderful! Perfect stack!