In the ferns

There are a number of clumps of Sensitive Ferns in the field next door to my house. I found this scene on an early Sept. morning after a rain. The katydid was a nice bonus. An 11 shot stack to get all of the ferns and drops sharp. (7D2, 180mm macro, 1/400 s, f/7.1, iso 800, tripod)

1 Like

This turned out great, Mark. I love the droplets along with the little fella. I would be inclined to burn the brown areas in the background to a much darker tone, but otherwise, the processing looks really good.

Mark, this is a delight, and having the visitor made it even more delightful. Love those droplets. I think maybe Harley’s suggestion may improve this image, but it is excellent just as presented.

Mark; what caught my attention at first is the wonderful abstract pattern the fern fronds are creating and the gorgeous detail in the water droplets. . . and yes, of course the katydid is a great addition. . . and he held still for you for all 11 shots! Nicely done.

Wonderful, technically and artistically! The droplets arrayed on the leaf edges are perfect and the visitor is icing on the cake!

I really like the 3D effect of the funneling downward of the leaves. I guess the additional in focus zone of focus stacking adds that to a photo. I also like how nice and bright the photo is. It feels like a morning after a rain. Nice. I also like the idea of darkening up the bg browns.

Mark: What a fresh scene superbly captured. I’m a sucker for drops so this is almost overload for me. Top notch shot. >=))>