A windy day om Lake Niassa

Not a day for snorkeling, so out came the camera

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Leica CL, Vario-Elmar 18-56 @ 56, Photoshop CC Topaz Sharpen AI.

1 Like

My first critique, as this image really caught my eye, the light I think is what did it, the energy captured, wonderful composition provided by the directional rocks curled surf spray and horizontal clouds. My eye is also captured by the bands of light in the foam and bands of light rock in the diagonal jagged pillars, which form a great textural contrast with the soft but equally energetic spray and quiet foreground rounded stones. So often in landscapes the colours are pushed too far, yours are perfect, lively, to match the scene, bright, but totally natural and captivating. I like this very much, I can almost smell the salt spray.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. One thing: Lake Niassa (AKA Lake Malawi) is one of the Great Rift Lakes in Africa, thus lovely fresh water. :innocent:

This is a really neat looking image Jpaav. The image is very dynamic looking, with those tilted and jagged rocks, and you caught the peak of the action on the spray shooting into the air. And I also like the texture and colors in the water.

At first I thought there was too much negative space in the lower right corner, and that maybe considering a 16:9 crop (eliminating from the bottom) might help. But if you did then you would lose much of the texture and color in the water. So in the end, Iā€™m okay with the composition.

1 Like