A wintery storm lifting

This was shot in November this year in the Victorian high country. Unusually for that time of year there was a snow storm and just as the gloomy weather was clearing some fast moving clouds caught my eye.

141mm f9 1/500s iso 100

A lovely composition, Nathan. I really like your point of view.

Wonderful mood with the storm clouds, Nathan. they impart an air of mystery to the scene. My only suggestion would be to darken the LLC a bit to bring it more in line with the brush as it draws my eye just a little. Minor stuff though as this is nicely done.

This is really well done, Nathan. I agree Ed on the LLC but I might crop up to eliminate it. I am not sure the bottom area adds to the image? Great mood to this one.

Hey @Ed_Lowe and @Harley_Goldman,

Thanks for your suggestion. Can you please let me know what LLC stands for?

Nathan,

Wonderful mood and atmosphere.

LLC = lower left corner, LRC, lower right, UR = upper right, UL = upper left.

It’s probably a good idea ever once in a while to spell these out. A glossary of terms would be nice…

1 Like

Nathan, the isolated tree, the leafless shrubs and the big expanse of stormy sky make an outstanding mood shot. Yes, a bit of burning-in in the lower left corner or a touch of dodging in the strip above that bit of grass to balance the brightness across the land would be a nice, subtle improvement to the balance.

Thanks guys. Your input is greatly appreciated

Nice one, Nathan. I like the contrast between the sharp branches and the soft clouds. I’m not sure about the centered tree though. slightly off center might work better but I’m not really sure about that either.