A YNP Chocolate Pot

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I thoroughly enjoy the Chocolate Pots along the Gibbon River in Yellowstone. This year there seems to be a lot more water flowing. The color in these hot springs come from iron in the water. The river that flows past the base adds it’s own interest, but I wanted to focus on the spring, its colors and the water flow from the springs.

Technical Details

R5, 100-500 @ 223, 1/30 s, f/18, iso 200, tripod and polarizer.

1 Like

Mark, my immediate thought is a miniature Volcano. How unique is this? I’ve seen the hotpots and read about the dangers of those in the book you had mentioned years back, “Death In Yellowstone”… :fearful:
This is a neat find…I like it as presented… :sunglasses:

I wonder if there’s any edible chocolate here? Given the heat of Yellowstone’s formations maybe it’s more like hot cocoa I crave.How unique and interesting, Mark. The browns, gold, and black make a nice comp with the water flowing down it. You provide a nice Yellowstone education here. How about eliminating that white line at the top and burning the background at top more? Thanks for sharing this image.