Above the Fog

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is another one from the archives. I do not remember the exact location, but this view of Shenandoah Valley was taken from somewhere along .Skyline Drive. The fog was mesmerizing as it silently glided through the notches along the flanks of the Shenandoah Mountains and swirled about the trees. I left a few houses in the scene for a sense of scale.

Specific Feedback

I am relatively pleased with the image, but any thoughts or suggestions you might have are certainly welcome.

Technical Details

Nikon D200, Nikon 80-200 @ 200mm, f11 @ 1/15 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

Ed, this is an interesting “aerial” view from before drones. I like finding the houses in the lrc and how they balance visually with the fog cloud.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Mark; always appreciated. The next time I go back to Shenandoah I am going to spend a little time and see if I can locate this spot again. I am not a fan of drones as the noise reminds me of an oversized mosquito on steroids. They can produce some interesting compositions, but they are not my cup of tea. I will have to be content to just shooting from a mountainside. :grin: