Abstract of Moose - I can't see you

I am going out on a limb for this one, but I like it. Drove by this moose on a mountain road in western Maine. I did see her even though she was hiding. Of course my first shot grabbed the focus on the twigs. I was able to get many more nice shots without the twigs but I kind of like this one because this large animal hiding behind fragile twigs, thinking maybe I can’t see her? It was fun watching her and I will post other images of her without twig branches in front of her face but again I like the overall image. . . thoughts? It was just before dusk.

Specific Feedback Requested

any input is appreciated

Technical Details

Nikon D500
Nikon F 5/6 500mm
1/1000 sec
f 5/6
ISO 2500
manual mode

3 Likes

An interesting take on a wildlife photograph, surely. I think it works. It adds a bit of humor to the piece, this idea of the moose trying to hide behind such a barren, small branch, where it can both be seen and see you.

I like this, Norma. Not only is it humorous, but it tells a neat story. I could easily see this one in a magazine article.

I have only seen a moose vicariously through its tracks in the snow. I think its funny how a large critter feels more secure standing behind some tiny twigs. Well done…Jim

I really like the idea, very interesting !
You may tone down the highlights, may be desaturate them, on LHS.

Nothing like a little wildlife humor, life is too mysterious to be serious, thanks Cody for your input.

1 Like

Dennis I appreciate your comment, such a huge animal behind those twigs reminds me of a child’s behavior.

Great idea to tone down the highlights. I am going use that advise J.

1 Like

A very unique capture and a story to go with it! I like it, Norma :slight_smile: I agree that toning down the highlights would put more focus on the moose.

A lovely, creative shot. Tender in its mutual shyness and curiosity. It works!