Moose Western Maine - I see you

Just around dusk in a bog, I see something move, a pair of ears, as I watched she watched untill we saw each other. I was able to get a twink of her eye just before she moved on.

Specific Feedback Requested

any feedback is welcome

Technical Details

camera Nikon D500
lens Nikon 500mm F/5.6
1/1000 sec, F/5.6, ISO 2200, manual mode

1 Like

Great catch of the eye, Norma. The ears pointing forward is a plus too. Well done.

You know, I went up to Maine last year - specifically to Acadia - and for all the signs about moose crossings and such that we saw, I did not come across a single moose. It was quite disappointing. And now, having seen this amusing photograph of one, I want to have my own encounter even more. You’ve truly caught a fun moment, so I applaud you for that.

Thank you Cody, I have more to photos to share this week was good for Moose here in western Maine.

A nice moment and the nice ears up pose is a great added bonus.

I don’t know how much you cropped for this presentation, but for me it is too tight on the left and there is more of the OOF grasses that I need.

Here’s an alternate version to consider.

Keith, I like it!!! Always nice to see another perspective and I think this works well no so much distraction in the foreground. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Very interesting frame, I find that eye, very inquisitive.
Did you apply some kind of NR? As it shows details and blur simultaneously.

I did bring it into camera raw filter and may have done a bit.

A lovely image with a lot of feeling, like it a lot! The eye and the ears are just perfect. The crop presented by @Keith_Bauer emphasize even more the very good photograph you took.

1 Like