Acrobatic Acorn Woodpecker

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

This was 6 weeks after I shot the juvenile I posted yesterday, so it’s probably a sibling. I have heard they can breed twice in a season, and we have quite a large population here. They do poses like this occasionally – don’t know if it is juvenile exuberance or what.

From the archives several years ago. Canon 5D3, 300mm f/2.8 IS, f/13, ISO 400, 1/400 sec, tripod. Attracted to a feeder. Cropped to about 33% of the original frame.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

You were right about the pose, Diane. It’s wonderful! Excellent detail throughout the bird and a sweet background. I like this one a lot.

Certainly a different pose which adds to the attraction of this image. Good job on the processing

Fun photo Diane. Nicely done.

Oh my, Diane, my first thought was “pull ups”! I could almost hear the counting. Wonderful pose and shot. You are really blessed to have them around and posing like this.

It is amazing the strength birds have. It is a very unique pose.

Thanks guys! I have several frames, including adults, doing this. I’ll have to see what I can dig up.