Adams Falls

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Would like to know which comp you prefer or if you don’t like either one, that’s fine, too. Please let me know. Thanks

Ricketts Glen State Park, PA

Ricketts Glen State Park, PA
Would like to know which comp you prefer or if you don’t like either one, that’s fine, too. Please let me know. Thanks

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

While I like both I am leaning toward the first post as I prefer the way the swirls fill the FG, Mike. I also like the POV as it is not one I have seen of Adams Falls before. Looks like the low flow levels reveled some different rock structures to photograph. My only suggestion would be to tame the whites a little, but that certainly is not a big deal. Beautiful take on this.

The bottom half of the first picture, just the swirls with a bit of dark above. But if I had to accept the image untouched it would be the second picture because the swirls are so powerful in the first image that the composition feels unbalanced.

Michael, the first gets my vote because it shows a more complete swirl, also the FG ledges tend to block the view for me. Both are still quite nice.

First for the more interesting and striking capture of the swirls. I might vignette it a bit to keep the eye from straying outside of those swirls.