Ricketts Glen

A small cascade on Kitchen Creek @Ricketts Glen State Park, PA

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This is outstanding Michael! There is a lot of energy to the composition and all of the elements come together nicely. Great work!

Great Work Michael, I love the swirling pool of fall colors in the lower center. I might do a slight crop on the right as it looks like you’ve got a bit of vignetting from your ND filter in the URC and LRC.

1 Like

Outstanding image Mike. It looks like the rocks below the falls were designed with swirling leaves in mind :laughing:

The composition works great here, I wouldn’t change anything about it. I think the processing of the autumn colors looks outstanding as well. Those leaves look gorgeous. I would suggest puling l back the luminosity of the very brightest highlights in the falls, it is bordering on being burn out (especially the right most falls). I would also slightly dial back the saturation of the green ferns in the URC. But these are nits, overall this is a great image.

Thanks @Brian_Schrayer, @Ed_McGuirk, @David_Nilsen. Darn, don’i know how I didn’t see the dark corners.

Mike,
I guess you know that you have to show me this particular spot if we make it up there this October. :laughing: That sculpted area in the stone is perfect for capturing a leaf swirl. The fallen carpet of leaves works nicely as does the color palette. I like @Ed_McGuirk’s and @David_Nilsen suggestions as they would make an already outstanding image even better. Beautiful done!

Stunning image…just love it. I personally think your greens are well handled in this image and wouldn’t change their hue or saturation. Only nit is the blown water in the falls without texture, but this is often a matter of style/preference so take w/a grain of salt.

Awesome image! Excellent composition, dynamics, colors.