Autumn Cascade

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This image is one from the archives. I don’t see where I posted it before so I thought now would be a good time to do so. This is one of the many beautiful cascades along Kitchen Creek in Ricketts Glen SP, PA. The color was pretty nice that year so there were many hikers along the trails that lead to the 22 named waterfalls in the park. To capture this scene I had to carefully make my way across the slippery rocks and set up; then bid my time before pressing the shutter as the hikers passed by. If you like waterfalls this is a waterfall photographer’s paradise.

Specific Feedback

All C&C is welcome.

Technical Details

Nikon D700, Nikon 17-35 @ 20 mm, f 20 @ 0.4 sec, ISO 400, CPL, cable release & tripod

1 Like

Wow! I think this is lovely!! The way the water spills over the underwater ledge in a fan shape is such a lovely view! The falls behind it are interesting and the way the foliage dips down to the unseen stream above focuses attention at the right spot. Excellent! No nits!

1 Like

Ed, this is a terrific take from Ricketts Glen. The expansion of the creek and the flow streaks from you ss choice are totally eye catching. The fall colors and fallen leaves are fine touches to finish of a lovely scene.

1 Like

Great image, Ed. I love the “in your face” composition. I like how the water fans out in the FG and the fall colors are excellent. My only very small nit is I think I would make a small crop of the right to eliminate the one small cut off cascade . :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone @Diane_Miller, @Mark_Seaver and @Michael_Lowe for your thoughtful C&c as it is always appreciated.

@Michael_Lowe : You are right about that little cascade on the right edge. I posted the wrong version and didn’t notice until after I posted. :crazy_face: