Mohawk Falls

Another of my favorites from 2018. This was also shot on a rainy day in Ricketts Glen SP. This vantage point is not to difficult to get to, but you do have to exercise some care as the rocks are quite slippery.

All C&C welcome.

Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 17 mm, f 18 @ 0.4 sec, ISO 800, CPL, cable release & tripod

Real good looking scene, Ed. I really like the perspective and the depth of the image. I might burn the bright green leaves coming in from the top left edge, but no other suggestions.

A really neat waterfall and a nice perspective, Ed. I agree with Harley about the bit of bright green.

You got a bunch of great Ricketts Glen shots, Ed. Working in the rain (or on a cloudy day) is good for these falls since it avoids the high contrast problems. The outflow at the bottom is neat with all of it’s little steps. The scattered leaves as extra interest and the main falls at the top stand out well.

Thanks for your thoughts @Harley_Goldman, @Dennis_Plank and @Mark_Seaver; always appreciated. Here is a repost with the leaves burned in in the ULC.
@Mark_Seaver : An added bonus with the rain is that it helps reduce the volume of people. :smiley:

Ed, you’ve had some really neat waterfall and cascade type images recently. I’m not sure I recall seeing this one in the past, but it sure is an impressive scene especially from this lower perspective too. The repost is excellent…:sunglasses:

Perfect degree of burn on that little branch, Ed.

Great light (I love dark images!!) and good choice of shutter speed, that delivers a sense of dynamism yet with enough detail to keep the flowing water interesting.

I like the composition and the waterfalls. However, The image is not properly white balanced, there is a peasoup hue that shows up in the water and falls and rocks. It is typical for this type of hue to be present in forest images and care needs to be taken to remove (unless the maker like the tonality of greens). Additionally the shadows in this image are full of green color and that is almost always the case in digital images in the forest. Black should have zone 1 RGB value of 999 (for print), when i measured shadows before any wb, I was getting 14, 14, 9 … The problem is especially apparent in the tree shadows over the water falls