Adult Oystercatcher

One of my favorite shorebirds, but not as abundant as my other favorite, the osprey. You can hear their whistle call a mile away. True to their name, they can create their own raw bar of clams, oysters, and other molllusks. Seen at the Avalonia Land Conservancy, Sandy Point, Rhode Island.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony RX10M4, 1/1000, f/5, ISO 100, 247 mm (35mm equiv). Adjusted exposure and contrast in post. Cropped quite a bit to minimize the sky and grasses.

1 Like

Nice action, Jim! What a interesting looking bird! I like how he’s flying just over the grasses with the blue sky and clouds behind him. Great composition! Really awesome capture!

Nice flight shot; like the open bill. Like the environment you photographed it in.

Hi Jim
You have good looking Oystercatcher, the blacks, whites, eye contact are well controlled. I think you could look at a 16 by 9 framing. ( taking about half the grass out of the frame).
Peter

I like the flight position and light on the bird. Color contrast; the stark difference between the black/white bird with orange beak against the greens and blues of the setting are what makes this image work well for me.

Nice one ! Looks almost like a wide-angle shot , interesting that with f/5 you get the clouds discernible… Very nice way of including the environment ! Cheers, Hans