Affairs of The Hearts

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

1/60sec f/7.1 ISO500

2 Likes

Hi Andre - What a beautiful subject! I like the composition and presentation overall. You could consider darkening the red part of the plant right along the bottom edge, as it is catching a lot of attention. Also, in the future, you could consider trying a focus stack of scenes like this for full depth of field. For my own work, I generally prefer just a thin band of focus or everything in focus. At f/7.1, the depth of field feels a little visually confusing here. Aside from that, I am really enjoying this scene.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments Sarah.
I was on my way to “The Spot” with some friends and as usual I was the last one on the trail, getting distracted by the minutiae along the way. This plant grows on the beach and it’s very windy at this location, so I didn’t bother to try any focus stacking. The out of focus elements bothered me I wasn’t sure if to post it on here or not but I was curious to see what others in the community thought about it.
Thanks for the feedback.

Hi, Andre. Your image gives me a comfortable feeling of an embroidered comforter. I love the strong colors and how they cover the entire image. I find my eyes leaning more towards the left side of the image, but that is likely because of those sticks being more present there. It’s a beautiful image.

Andre, the color combo and the shapes make this quite striking. Maybe I missed a previous version, but I don’t see any significant loss of sharpness throughout…maybe just a touch along the top and right, but not enough to be noticeable. The part that catches my interest are the dead stalks. Part of me thinks having them throughout the frame would be good, but the change as you look across the frame has it’s own interest.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Mark_Seaver . Glad to know it was still worth a share :slight_smile: