African Siesta

More than a photo, today I am posting more of a memory. This was certainly one of the highlights in my life. To see these gentle giants in the wild, with no fence in-between. One of the most unforgettable experiences ever, and when this weeks theme called for “three”, this image immediately came to mind. I hope animals are ok in the weekly challenge…

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback always welcomed.

Technical Details

1/200sec, f/8, ISO 1000, 165mm, 70-200mm lens

9 Likes

I love it! No suggestions…It just screams love, connection, and family. Thank you!

1 Like

A great b&w capture, Fritz! Definitely perfect for the challenge. The exposure, contrast and details are all superb in this image. Nicely composed also. I would change a thing. :+1: :clap:

1 Like

That’s a great photo Fritz! And I’m sure it comes with a fantastic memory. That would be an awesome experience!

1 Like

Truly amazing capture, Fritz and clearly wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing with us.

1 Like

Three in harmony. Absolutely terrific. Spot on technicals and the mood is so loving and safe feeling. Fabulous!

1 Like

Indeed Fritz…A wonderful scene… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Exceptional, beautiful image. Thank you for sharing it with us.

1 Like

Wonderful capture and processing!

1 Like

Fritz,

Can’t think of anything more to say than simply, this is a special image. No need for words.

Thank you for sharing!

Lon

1 Like

Absolutely sensational image. You can just feel the emotion by looking at this photo.

1 Like

Truly lovely! Looks great in b&w.

1 Like

This is just an exceptional image in every conceivable way. It must have been an epic adventure to actually witness this Fritz. You could not have placed the three of them any better and the fact that they are asleep with humans present is remarkable. This is one of my favorite images ever. Thanks so much for sharing this.

1 Like

Beautiful and memorable photo, Fritz!

Ahh, what a lovely shot. What’s not to like about it. It’s beautifully processed and it put a smile on my face.

What an incredible image. There is absolutely nothing I don’t like about it. The composition is beautiful and the subject brings tears to my eyes - you can just feel the love this female gorilla has for her two babies. How could anyone ever want to kill these gentle giants. I also love the B&W application! Wonderful image!

Wonderful, book-worthy photo, Fritz!

Thank you so very much, David. So glad the image had an impact :slight_smile:

I hope this message reaches all that commented on this image. I’m sorry it took so long to answer; in Faroe Islands celebrating my 60th BD with, what else, a photography workshop, which ended today :slight_smile:
Thank you all so very much for your kind words, as this memory will stay with me forever. One of the babies is not her own; gorillas watch over each others children. They share a strong bond with each other, and at 98.8% the same DNA as us, I think there is a lot we can (re)learn from them.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Mark! Really glad this image had an impact not just on me.