After the Rain

This is a spider wort.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Taken with Sony A6000, F6.3 1/200 sec., ISO 320, -0.7 at 183mm

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Pretty while blooming, but one of the most invasive weeds in the garden.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Pat: Brilliant comp and a superb capture. The drops are icing on a very fine cake. I also like the criss crossing leaves. Most excellent! :+1::+1:>=))>

Beautiful image, Patricia. I also love the drops on the flower as well. The colors are brilliant. Thank you, I didn’t know what this flower was called, my photographer friend gave me a few this spring and I planted them in my flower garden. Now I know!

Patricia,
The purple and green work beautifully together and the water drops are the finishing touch on this lovely intimate scene. My only suggestion would have been for a bit more DOF on that front petal, but that is just a personal preference. This was a great find!

Nice shot Patricia. My comments mirror those of @Ed_Lowe, I like the purple and green colors, but wish for a littel more DOF on the front petal. A tripod and higher aperture would help, but then again you tried to leave your tripod in the trunk of my car, so I know how you feel about tripods :grinning:

I like the processing, the darker background really makes the flower and blades of grass pop. While the composition has a lot going on, I think you have done a very good job of organizing all the elements into a cohesive composition.