After the snow

In the woods not far from Helsinki, Finland, after the snow…

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any!

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any!

Any pertinent technical details:

Nikon Z7, 24-70/4@30mm, f/5.6, 1/60, ISO 640, hand held. Raw-converted and developed in Lightroom. Cloned away a small blue tag on the left tree.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Real nice deep woods serene mood to this image. Very nice and tranquil.

Very nice! This is a fabulous composition, which isn’t easy to come by in a chaotic forest scene. Well done.

Thanks Harley and Tony for the comments!

Antonello,

Wonderful winter scene. So beautiful after the snow fall… I like the color presentation as well with the deep greens, but more importantly the reddish/brown tones of the smaller trees in the middle.

The only small suggestion might be to deal with the bright, detail-less patch of snow in the ULC. Not a big deal, but you might either CA-clone this, or fill in with a little texture/detail.

Otherwise, really enjoying this one.

Lon

Thanks Lon! I did not even notice that white spot and now… it disturbs me quite a lot!.. :smile:

I like the abstract quality to this but also how there is a sense of realism. I almost wish there were a bit more color in the big tree on the right. It seems very monochrome, but a bit of color like in the trunks would offer a bit better balance overall, I think.

Beautiful image, Antonello. Has almost an abstract quality. Processing looks good to me.

Antonello, this is a lovely winter scene. I like that your composition has allowed us to peer into this forest, rather than just facing a wall of trees. It creates a nice sense of depthI also like the subtle colors that you have here. I do agree with Lon about the bare patch in the ULC, cloning something into that area would help.

Thank you Tony, Dave and Ed for your comments! Will try to work on the little white spot… And as for the colors, the scene was very monochrome, with just a bit of red of the pines - but will see whether there was some original green in the branches on the right… Thanks all, again.