Aging Gracefully

Description:

An oldie and not something I do very often (composite), but I still love this one - aging Indian Rhubarb along a creek. I was just sitting enjoying the creek when I noticed this characterful leaf framed by the graceful grasses.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any critiques welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? Yes; textures added over the original frame.
D3100, 220mm, f/8, 1/15s, ISO 200. I exposed for the leaf and grasses, blowing out the background, hence the added textures because I didn’t want such a harsh look.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

#ig @bonnie_lampley

1 Like

This is lovely, Bonnie. The soft colors and the flowing lines are a joy. Nicely done.

Bonnie, sitting quietly and finding “something” is a great way to go. This looks very good with it’s mix of graceful leaf lines, the aging leaf and the gently warm background.

Gorgeous! Wonderful old leaf and the blades of grass are a lovely touch. The composition is lovey and different, and the subtle BG texture is so nice.

You added the texture over everything? This is really beautiful - subtle, peaceful and the composition is excellent too.

Thank you @linda_mellor, @Mark_Seaver, @Diane_Miller, and @Mike_Friel for your thoughts and appreciation.