Alabama Hills and Sierra Mt

This is an early morning image of the Alabama Hills in the foreground and the Sierra Range in the background. You can also see Mt. Whitney in the distance. The Alabama Hills are the remains of the original orogeny of the Sierra range and have been weathered over millions of years.

Description:

This is an early morning image of the Alabama Hills in the foreground and the Sierra Range in the background. You can also see Mt. Whitney in the distance.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any suggestions on processing would be appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
NO

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi James, this is a very attractive and interesting scene you’ve captured and I’m enjoying the stark contrasted colors between the two mountain ranges. The cloud bank and deep blue sky promote the feeling of being at a high altitude. I appreciate the closeness of the foreground rocks, which you can almost reach out and touch. Nicely done.

I appreciate your comments . This is a landscape that offers a great variety of subjects and a constant change in lighting. I wish I had more time to spend in this area.