Aleeda Spring 3

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

More of exploration around this lake edge. The pines as a background to the shapes and color in foreground attracted me.

Specific Feedback

My only concern os the RLC evergreen. I wish it was not there!!

Technical Details

300mm f/11 150sec iso 100

Nice shot Mario, the strong greens contrast well with the trees behind and the splashes of colour in the foreground trees make a nice pattern. I guess that the right side is slightly distracting, but hey that’s nature for you.

Hi Mario,
what a beautiful scene. If you hadn’t mentioned it in the title, I wouldn’t have thought it was a spring picture. Those red and orange leaves create almost an autumn mood.

In my opinion, that tree is not such a big distraction. Maybe you dodge the trunk and the dark branches so that the tree blends a little more with the surroundings:

But the most distracting part in the image is the bright patch of sky in the ULC in my opinion. But there is no easy fix for it. You could work with warping or content-aware fill to get rid of that patch.

Dealt with sky , adjusted contrast a bit and dodged the tree.

1 Like

Thank you @Ryan_H @Jens_Ober for your comments suggestions. I re-posted some edits.