Alien Landscape

This photo was taken at Bisti De-Na-Zin Wilderness. The hoodoos there are quite bizarre and you feel like you’re on another planet. This was the only time the sky had clouds and color during the two weeks of my trip.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

It does feel a bit “other worldly,” Chris. Colors and composition are outstanding. Love your perspective, it gives a clear definition of each of the rock formations. Very nicely seen and captured.

Impressive and strange formations. I like the composition and the way the formations go from left to right. I’m glad you caught them with the colorful clouds.

Very cool formations! The light and colors are gorgeous. We’re making a southwest trip this spring, and Bisti De-Na-Zin is now on our itinerary.

1 Like

Cool formations with a great sky to compliment them. Sky looks a bit noisy though? Excellent entry.

The Bisti and De-Na-Zin wilderness areas are wonderful to explore, aren’t they? Really nice composition! I really enjoy the staggered composition of the three formations. I do feel like the clouds are a bit too bright and agree that some noise reduction would also help the sky.

@Harley_Goldman, @Mark_Muller, @jefflafrenierre, @linda_mellor, @Bonnie_Lampley
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments. I really appreciate it.
I now see that I posted the version that had not been denoised. Just switched from ON1 to LR and my catalogs are a mess. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

What an incredible formation, and shot from a wonderful angle! I agree with @jefflafrenierre about looking at some darkening of the sky. It looks like it would be easy to select.

Best wishes for getting the transition working well – I find LR to be an amazing tool that keeps getting better.

@Diane_Miller Thank you for your comments. Appreciate your well wishes for transitioning to LR. It’s going to take some work to get things in order.

Chris, these formations are fantastic. I’m thinking of students on graduation day… The gentle colors in the sky fit the scene beautifully.

1 Like

@Mark_Seaver Thanks for the comment.

I’m a little late to the party here but this was one of my favorite images challenge. I like the layout/composition. Excellent light and color.

1 Like

@David_Schoen Thanks. I’m glad you like it.