Aligned

I like to see how some times in the year cormorants gather in significant groups. So still, so watchful. This day they were backlit and I was interested in the silhouette formation. I did not think it was a good photo but I keep going at it with interest.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Overall critique on the picture.
It was challenging against the bright sun in front of me and getting high as the morning advanced

Technical Details

Nikon Coolpix A1000
151 mm
1/1000 sec
F/8
ISO 200

2 Likes

Love the silhouette effect, Marie. It does retain a lot of interest, at least for me, as I keep wondering, what is it they are looking at??

I appreciate so much your feedback

1 Like

Marie,

Thanks for posting! This image coneys curiosity…the looking upwards all together, it draws one into the photo.

The story behind what touched you is always what comes through in an image…we get stopped for some reason and want to capture the moment. I can feel what you felt in the moment and that is a win.

As for the light source, I don’t know if you could move around but I would have tried a few angles. Like actually getting them fully backlit and underexposing to create a dramatic lighting scenario.

If you feel like it, the thing that might make this image pop more is to bring out the eyes only and remove some of that shadow on them so we can see them.

Is this as shot or did you crop it? If you cropped it, I would give the bird on the left some more head space.

I get what you trying to communicate here. Keep going!

Hope that is helpful.

Julie

Thank you. I will work on this. I believe there is a little space I can give to the left.

1 Like

Fantastic and keep going!