All Grown Up + Alternate

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f16
This is the pair of Gerber Babies I posted a few days ago in the Weekly Challenge. The white ones don’t get quite as big as the reds but I still thought they were worthy subjects. I did have to do a lot of clean up on the petals and cropped about 10-15% mostly from the ULC. All comments welcome.>=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

And this is a watercolor rendering of the same pair. I actually liked the lighting in this capture. Your comments always welcome. >=))>

These are ( wholly suitably for gerberas ! ) very much in your face, Bill, but I think I really prefer the quieter mood of the WC shot, where there seems to me a better defined relationship between the pair. The watercolour version, though, I do think is beautifully lit.

While I like the lighting in the watercolor version, Bill, the centers of the flowers just look muddy to my eye which turns me off a bit. I like the first version, though the lighting isn’t as dramatic, the composition is quite nice and there’s a ton of detail to keep my eye exploring.

Bill

I agree with Dennis. I like the color and lighting of the second one better but those centers just thrown me off. The first one is my preference on balance. Such nice detail in the first one and it suits this better I think.

That old Minolta 200 is still cooking for you, Bill! I’ll throw my hat in the ring with the others: better lighting on the water color image, but gobs of detail on #1, along with classic comp and good whites control.:+1::+1:

Hey, Bill, like the first image, but love the watercolor one.