Alligator Territory

Scene of Georgia Swampland.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A6000. F6.3, 1/320 sec., ISO 400

1 Like

This is a very pleasing image Patricia (without the alligators, thank you!). Emotionally, I feel immersed in the peace and calm that is exhibited here. The lighting is soft, with hardly a ripple in the water, allowing for some nice reflections that serve as extensions to the flooded trees. The three younger trees in front make a nice counter-point to the older growth but I would prefer to see them a bit more off-center.

Patricia, the collection of greens here is excellent. There is a fine sense of peace and quiet. Those little pines stand out well. They would be eye catching anywhere in the scene, but having them nearly centered adds emphasis to both them and the stability of the view.

Oh this is so tranquil and vibrant. I love a good swamp. Or bog. I do wonder at the centered placement of the trees. It might work better with a tighter crop or an off center one with this amount of darker surroundings. Maybe a shade lower exposure, too? All things to play with and a really eye-catching scene. Thanks so much for sharing.