Almost Gone

Made while on a long hike in Whiskeytown Park in January. The common mullein (Verbascum thapsus) is a non-native, and really spreads after fire removes other plants. Their fresh leaves are quite pretty on dewy mornings because they are fuzzy and hold water drops. I also find them beautiful when in decay.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments welcome. I’m wondering about the quality, since this is a phone pic.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iPhone X, f/1.8, 4mm, ISO 20

@bonnie_lampley
1 Like

Bonnie, looks outstanding to me anyway. The texture in the leaves is very clear, with plenty of detail. Also like the color variations and the composition. Very nicely seen and captured.

Great color, detail and shapes. I find this one a bit of a mind bender in a good way. I flipped it 180 degrees and like the look too. IQ looks good at web size.

Excellent filling of the frame with yummy shapes and textures! Perfect use of the iPhone!

Bonnie, the quality looks good and shows the details very well. You also have a very good range of luminosity.

Thanks, @linda_mellor, @Harley_Goldman, @Diane_Miller, and @Mark_Seaver for the feedback.