Tapestry

This is from Whiskeytown National Recreation Area, in northern California, just a few miles from where we live. I love decaying/dying plants - they have so much character. We were crossing a stream when I looked down and saw these “Indian rhubarb” plants lying atop a calm pool. The reflections of the forest above made a tapestry on which the leaves were lying.

Any critique is welcome. This was made with an A7, 35mm, hand held, other specs escape me at the moment.

1 Like

This is really nice, Bonnie. Nice job on the conversion, the tones look great and so does the image. Very striking.

1 Like

Thank you, Harley.

Bonnie, this is a fun view. The leaves stand out very well and are nicely spread throughout the frame. Letting the reflections show is a great idea that adds a ton of character to this view. B&W works well.

1 Like

A lovely tapestry indeed, Bonnie. I really like your composition. An excellent eye to see this and you photographed it beautifully.

1 Like

So well spotted, Bonnie, and a beautiful image full of texture and variegated tones.

1 Like