Amazed by all that light

While on a biking trip yesterday, it was suddenly there , all that light in the right place.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more than welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
F13, 1/200 -2, iso200, 24-7- lens at 31mm,

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

What a wonderful area for a bike ride, so serene. Truly lovely image Ben.

This is a different type image for you Ben, good to see some stretching of what you are doing. I think the panoramic aspect ratio is perfect for that long horizontal row of cattails… I also like that you kept the color saturation restrained, it allows the soft yellow color of the cattails to stand out better.

My only nit is that i just wish there was more breathing room at the top of the scene, it feels somewhat cut off. Of course I don’t know what the tops of those trees look like and there may have been some distractions there that you were trying to avoid. If that was not the case, I would at least prefer to see the whole amount of the tree on the left, if not more.

@Ed_McGuirk, Ed thank you for this comment(observation). Sometimes it’s difficult for me to decide if I should include more or less sky. I am learning here from you that I have to go more and more by my own feeling and less by rules I don’t know a lot about. Again Thank’s and stay well in these days.

@linda_mellor, Thank you Linda for your nice comment ! If I keep distance I can still go on my bike to explore the dunes near my home and try and make some images. Stay well !!

1 Like

My rule of thumb is to minimize the sky on cloudless blue sky days, (which is what you appear to have has here), and only include more sky if there are interesting clouds and/or light. But in your image here, I felt that the tree on the left was relatively important in the scene, and it looks like it was just barely cut off, so I’d rather see all of it . However cutting off the trees on the right doesn’t bother me as much, because that looks more like a deliberate crop.

You are so right and there was more at the top of this image. I include here a jpg of the original .