American Robin in Native Hawthorn

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Our largest Hawthorn had a bumper crop this year and the migrating robins have discovered it. I suspect by now the berries may have fermented a bit. I started out to do some chores a couple of evenings ago and saw this one perched up nicely, so I went back for my camera. The setting sun was right behind me, hence the squint.

Specific Feedback

Any problem with the foliage?

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 783 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/1600, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 3714x2754. Taken at 5:46 PM on September 30th.

1 Like

I like the composition and the varied fall foliage colors. Nice pose and detail. Though common, Robins make for nice subjects, as captured here.

Such a pleasing image - reminds me a lot of Audubon in the way there is a harmonious color palette and a limited amount of environmental information. I especially like the 1/2 closed eye and what I think is the brood patch filling in. Not loving the shadows of the branches on the tail and wing tips, but what can you do? Such a peaceful photo.